Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Lights...

.
The paint on the living room wall is dry at last, and so we (I) finally got the Christmas tree set up, no matter that it's nearly mid-December already. Not much better than a mug of egg nog and Christmas music blaring and a tree to be decorated. Bad thing is, I'm at a standstill. I don't have enough strands of lights. Four strands, you'd think, would be plenty for a seven-foot tree. I can't figure it out. I know I had plenty of lights last year. I don't even think I used all four strands. Weird. Now I have all the Christmas decor strung out across the living room, but a tree that refuses to accept any of it until there are lights all the way to the tippy top. I'd run to the store for more, but it's 9 p.m. (and my mug of egg nog is empty. Don't want a D.U.I, do I!). And there's no way I'm unwinding all those lights to retry. That's the part that takes the patience of a saint, and a saint I ain't. Hmm...
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Christmas lights. I recently, in my electronics class, figured out how to create my own lights with some cheap LED diodes. Ah hahaha. Homemade lights. Probably not safe for kitties however.

Speaking of the tree, my friend brought a fake one to her apartment, but her cat was terrified of it. So terrified that he hid in the bathroom, and peed there because he didn't dare walk by it to use the litter box. She had to hide it in a closet, then comfort the cat until he felt safe enough to walk to the litter box again. I suppose it's awful of me that I found that situation hilarious. Cats can be so strange at times.

Good luck on your lights. May they unwind themselves for your benefit!

Court Ellyn said...

LOL - Oh, dear. Thank goodness my 3 cats are not afraid of my very fake tree. We would be in dire trouble. Mine were happy to rub their faces and tails on the lower branches and threaten to knock off the ornaments hanging there. So, in other words, the light situation panned out! Yay! See post above for the results. :D