Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Babies Have Come Home!

.
The proofs for Falcons came in five days before I was expecting them. It's like Christmas around here, folks. I figured that holding a physical copy of my novel would feel good. But I didn't expect a high quite like this. Twelve years of labor, worry, tears and doubts are about to come to a close, and it feels amazing. While I've spent the last couple of days tweaking the layout, I would often pause and just pick up one volume or the other and flip through it, sighing or smiling.

One more set of proofs to order, then final release...
.

4 comments:

test said...

Congratulations, once again. I long for the day I will feel the exact same high as you're feeling right now as you hold those proofs in your hands. Part of me believes, despite the gap in time between your post and this comment, that you are still holding onto them. I know I'd be!

Stephanie Thornton said...

Congratulations! How totally awesome to hold your book in your hands!

Court Ellyn said...

Thanks for stopping by, you two!

Yes, I'm still keeping them close, right in front of me on my desk. If a web page takes too long to load, my fingers stray to the books every time. :D

Jeff Chapman said...

Congrats, Court. Sounds like quite a rush. Imagine the high when someone asks you to sign their copy of your book.