CONTRARY to the title of this anthology, working with such a talented cast of writers is an opportunity that usually comes once in a lifetime. From best-selling to greenhorn, independent or traditionally-published, the authors in this anthology span all ranges in addition to spanning the globe—from England to Australia and all over the United States. I've had the privilege of getting to know each and every one of them, and they have become a part of my extended family. I've even caught a glimpse of a secret side of them that only another writer...editor...is privy to witness through their words.
Through this series of posts, I plan on introducing you to my new family through a mini-interview of each. You may not get a chance to see their secret side, but you'll get a sneak-peek into their minds, their passions and inspirations, and what made them the writers they are today.
..The Mini Interview..
1. At what age did you start writing?
2. Which book introduced you to Speculative Fiction?
Although I learned a lot from my mother (who was psychic), once I read Seth Speaks, a whole new world opened up, like parallel universes. I couldn't wait to write about it.
3. Do you have an all-time favorite book? What about it makes it your favorite?
My favorite is the War of the Roses trilogy by R. Garcia y Robertson, which begins with Knight Errant. It's about time travel, and I love stories like that.
4. Which author and/or book inspired you to start writing?
A variery of authors inspired me. Hard to choose just one.
5. What would you say is the most important lesson all writers should learn?
Believe in yourself and never lose sight of what you want.
6. Of the entire publishing process, which would you say is the most difficult aspect to endure?
Time or lack thereof. There's a lot that goes into publishing a book. A lot that has nothing to do with writing.
7. If applicable, did you have a favorite character (to write) from your story? If so, what sets them apart from the others?
In another novel I wrote, titled Again, my favorite character is Eryn, a woman who dreams of a past life and is bold enough to recognize and break the destructive pattern that has continued into her current life. Very empowering.
8. On what projects are you currently working?
I'm working on the sequel to—as well as finalizing the screenplay of—Souled, a YA paranormal. I have several books and screenplays I'm anxious to get down on paper.
Read Diana's story, A Prophecy Untamed, in your very own copy of Twice Upon A Time today!