Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Finished! Sorta...

Today, about 20 minutes ago, I wrote the last words of Rewrite Draft #1 of Cry of the Falcon. Wow, exactly a year ago, I was suffering from a debilitating case of burn-out and sobbed at the very idea of sitting down to write. Today, I get to celebrate completion of the part of writing I detest most.

Tomorrow, I will print out the whole manuscript, grab my pink pens, and begin the part of the process I love. The editing. To revise, to tweak, to polish, this is where my joy lies. And I am stoked to get started.

Tonight, however, a celebratory cocktail, a movie, a toast on the back patio around the firepit, with a view of the super-moon.

Will I make my self-imposed Christmas deadline? Probably not, but I won't be too far behind. With all the editing, blurb, formatting, and cover work to do, I am now shooting for a tentative release date of ... mid-March? Valentine's? Mid-February might be too optimistic, but we shall try.


No comments: