Friday, March 25, 2011

Progress Report, 3-25-11, and Poetry Readings

TODAY'S PROGRESS
Project: Falcons Rising
Pages Rewritten: 6
Pages Cut: 3 (so much disgusting, useless content. Ugh!)
New Scenes: 0
Bad things that happened: a manhunt!
Good things that happened: that harp comes into play again and wins a second chance for Kieryn

Six days until Margaret Atwood
speaks at USAO, my alma mater! I heard she was coming, way back last fall, like September or something, and I've been counting the days. When I lived in Indiana, I got to hear Naomi Shihab Nye read, now I get to listen to Ms. Atwood. There's nothing like hearing a poet read their own work and talk about the craft they love.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I read two of her books last year after that "I Write Like" software program said I wrote like her. Do I really? Not even close; she is awesome.

Court Ellyn said...

LOL, when I put my writing through a program like that I got the writer who pens the James Bond novels. What!? That did NOT entice me to pick one up and give it a try. So kudos to you.