Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Sand Into Sandcastles


This meme spoke to me today. Wow, this is so what I'm currently doing. Rough drafts are often soooo gross. Something is off, what is it? Does this character work? What's the point of this story? What happened to this scene's focus? Do I break the chapter here? This dialog sounds dumb. Too much detail? Not enough? How the hell do I fix this plot hole? Ugh!

Hair-tearing rough drafts. Got one going right now, and it often feels like a slog-fest. Too much world-building. Too many info dumps. Rushed action. And how the heck am I supposed to get these characters from Point B (managed to get them there safely from Point A) to Point C?

I have to remember: IT DOESN'T MATTER. It's a rough draft! Just write it. Trying to make sandcastles before all the sand is in the box will prove frustrating and stifle the frenzy of creativity.

Relax, breathe, and just write. The pile is ugly, and no one but myself gives a ....


No comments: