Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Rest ... Recuperate ... Write

I had no idea my novel project would last as long as it has, nor that the material would grow and involve so many books and so much time, sweat, blood, and tears.

"Dreams" by Whisperfall
The holidays provide the perfect excuse to relax a bit, write when I can, and stop forcing it. January has provided another excuse to rest. LegendFire's annual Legends Contest has kicked off, and it's given me the opportunity to write something new. New characters, new crises. It's invigorating to escape the ogre war for a couple of weeks. Since the contest is still running, I can't mention titles or plotlines. Yet. Suffice to say, I'm excited about this story. And once the votes and critiques are in, I look forward to revising it, expanding it, and submitting it. If editors don't want it, they're crazy.

Is that ego or truth speaking? Time will tell.


No comments: